Love Story 3 column

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Crafting with my Valentine

A few weeks ago, I finally got brave enough to paint with my toddler. It wasn't too bad. She actually cooperated while I needed her to (no more than 10 minutes!) and then she was rewarded by getting to play with the almost dry paint brushes and the newspaper I had laid out.

Here's what we made:

I found the inspiration for this craft on Pinterest (what did we do before that wonderful invention?). Here's the original from Handprint and Footprint Art.
Source: Handprint and Footprint Art
 I only made a few small changes from the original. I used craft paper and pink and red paints. Also, my handwriting was small enough that I had room to include Annelise's name and the year. My 2 year old's hand prints were just the right size to fit in a 5x7 frame. Older kids could make an 8x10 craft.

 And here's my little artist after her prints were made:
 I promise she's not licking the paint. She's showing her manners by (sort of) covering her mouth while coughing. Side note: this was also the first day we tried a full-on ponytail. Cute, huh?

We made prints for Daddy, both sets of grandparents, and her great grandmother.

Hope you found something fun to make with your little ones for the people they love!

Happy crafting,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment